Construction Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor
|San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Job start: 19/11/2018|
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management and project delivery and we are seeking the ideal Quantity Surveyors / Cost Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive this project to achieve an excellent outcome. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
You will also be responsible for:
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes
You will be the type of person who:
- Is smart, a quick learner and confident in their cognitive ability.
- Knows their subject matter and can apply it / work independently.
- Is proactive and focused on continuous improvement, including providing well-thought out solutions.
- Is professional, yet friendly.
- Is able to manage difficult stakeholders.
- Is confident both as a team member and a team leader.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and great communication – both in person and via technology!
- Delivers quality work products and has pride in what they do.
Your qualifications and experience
- Ideally degree qualified in construction, cost management or quantity surveying.
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- RICS accredited or working towards.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application