Project Contracts Manager
|Los Angeles, CA, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Turner and Townsend is hiring a Project Contracts Manager responsible for managing the project’s contractual and commercial aspects with all consultants, civil contractors and suppliers, and to control the related scope, time, and budget for our client.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office setting, typically the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work, usually at a computer terminal – with short breaks or lunch period. However, there may be some bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level, walking; standing; carrying of light items such as papers, books or packages of up to 25 pounds. Should be able to hear & speak clearly using phone / headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view & enter information on the computer. May need to travel across the US and occasionally overseas.
- Draft, review, assess, and analyze all concession, consultancy, construction and equipment, and project IT supplier agreements.
- Clearly communicate contractual requirements and other obligations, both internal and external.
- Together with the Project Director, Construction and Equipment Managers, prepare and manage contractual and commercial strategies.
- Administer all project contracts, including: contractual changes, variations, claims, disputes, and commercial functions.
- Endeavor to prevent disputes through proactive contract management, and provide advice on the resolution of disputes when they occur.
- Identify and monitor contractual and commercial risks and opportunities within the project.
- Implement and maintain relevant contract and commercial administration systems and procedures, such as:
- Change, variation, claim, and dispute registers
- Correspondence registration
- Payment certification
- Liaise with the authority compliance / permit team, to ensure all contractual permits and approvals are in place for the timely delivery of the project.
- Provide input and assistance where required on all APMT’s internal and external reporting obligations.
- Liaise with relevant disciplines within APMT on contractual and commercial matters.
- Identify and suggest improvements to APMT standard forms of contract and future activities.
- Education – Degree in Construction Management, technical or project management or related studies is desirable. Project management certification is a preferred (e.g. PMP, APM, Prince2, MSP etc.).
- Experience - Minimum 10 years’ experience in a construction/project related environment with relevant project experience and exposure to project controls (cost and value reporting systems). Extensive knowledge and working experience with international standard construction contracts, such as the FIDIC (or NEC) forms of contract (red, yellow, white, green, blue book). Minimum 3 years of specific contracts management experience, ideally in a construction environment, with extensive knowledge of California State Law and relevant US laws.
- Agility - Strategic mindset with ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Collaboration - Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization at different levels.
- Functional Excellence - Must be highly proficient in contract management, Microsoft Project, and MS Office. Ability to apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving to daily tasks. Must be well-organized, timely, and persistent (personal discipline).
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application