Senior MEP Cost Manager - Singapore
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Job start: 05/11/2018|
- Develop cost plans and contract documentation including budgetary estimates, bills of quantities and cost optional studies.
- To conduct feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- To apply Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involve Turner & Townsend’s specialist Value Management team
- To manage estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and present the final cost plan
- To manage the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- To ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- To ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- To ensure the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and present them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- To ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- To take a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, lead a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Experience in client management with solid experience in client facing environment that requires incumbent to utilize critical business development skills and advisory skills to enhance project delivery on value management, value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years' international experience working on a range of projects.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience across the full range of Cost Management duties including: Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Change Orders and Final Account close-out
- Candidates with experience in hi-tech technology, commercial, infrastructure, manufacturing, retail fit out experience are preferred.
- Experience from consultancy background, well versed with mechanical and electrical (M&E) work experience is preferred.
- Team player with excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiation, influence and persuade others
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide. Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver.
As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application