Technical Project Manager- London- M&E, Building, Civils
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Turner & Townsend are currently recruiting for technical Project Managers/ Senior Project Managers to join our successful and expanding team responsible for delivering a portfolio of projects for a high profile client based at Heathrow in West London.
Your experience will be in M&E, Buildings or Civils.
Experience of working within an airport/ aviation environment will be particularly valued.
You will take responsibility for a number of diverse projects within the portfolio taking them from inception, through delivery to handover - so across all aspects of the project lifecycle. Typically projects range from £250k to £5m.
You will be working in a multi-stakeholder, operational environment and often to challenging deadlines, so it is very much a dynamic, team effort between us, our client and the operational teams.
Whilst the current opportunity is to join our client-based team in West London, you will also be joining Turner & Townsend an ambitious global company committed to making a difference to the most exciting projects and programmes happening around the world.
If you bring your talent, enthusiasm and determination, we’ll help you realise your true potential, providing the opportunity to work with the best people in the industry and gain exposure to new clients, sectors and locations. This initial assignment is a great stepping stone into a career with us.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Evidence of delivering M&E and/or Civils/Building projects. A good understanding of the characteristics of projects, over the project life cycle • Good working knowledge of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques • Experience of leading small to medium sized construction projects of medium/high complexity • Experience of stakeholder engagement in complex, operational environments.
Graduate calibre • Ideally, professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying or architecture
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application