Country Manager: Nigeria
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Job start: 01/03/2019|
Turner & Townsend is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy recognised for the value and innovation we bring to every commission we undertake. Our Rest of Africa division wish to appoint a Country Manager (CM) for Nigeria. Our people are the key to our success and are our most important asset. You will join our Rest of Africa team to provide services that help our Clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
As CM you will have wide-spread exposure to the business environment and our clients. You will have authority to act in the name of Turner & Townsend and your actions will have a considerable impact on future business and direction. Successful candidates will have a proven track record in managing people/teams, business development and client management in the consulting environment, and have an excellent understanding of industry best practice across the life cycle of projects and will be based permanently in Nigeria.
Duties of a delivery Director
A CM will have responsibility for the service stream in terms of Project Resourcing, Best Practice and Knowledge Management, Tool & Systems, Key Account Management, Service Opportunity identification and Service Development, amongst others. You will continue to promote the interests of Turner & Townsend giving the full benefit of your knowledge, expertise and skills to all your business undertakings.
You will report to the MD Rest of Africa and will interface fully with the various Market Sector Leads (MSL).
In undertaking the role CM, Turner & Townsend have specific expectations to be met. The expectations will form part of your continuous development and performance measurement. These are set out as follows:
Total service delivery to all clients within Nigeria. Your reporting structure with other Directors/MSL will ensure that you are best placed to direct resources to maximise return. Your focus will be continuous improvement at a service level and coordinating with other Directors/MSL to maximise opportunities available with our Key Accounts. You will also be expected to implement and or update requisite tools and systems to ensure staff are able to deliver a professional and efficient service.
The leadership of people is a key role. You will take high level responsibility for all employees working within your business unit. You will determine the resource planning at the start of the financial year and revise accordingly any increased headcount requirements in line with new clients. In particular you will:
- Have the ability to differentiate Turner & Townsend from our competitors in the market place and explain our key differences in a positive and non-disparaging way during interview
- Represent the Turner & Townsend culture
- Attract and interview candidates to join Turner & Townsend through your demeanour, your positive attitude and your ability to promote Turner & Townsend
- Conduct effective quarterly development reviews with employees reporting to you
- BSc Construction Management (or similar)
- Post-Graduate qualification advantageous
- Professional Registration preferable
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior role in the built environment
- Experienced in Business Development and delivering successful projects in West Africa
- Preferably experienced in multiple sectors (Oil & Gas, real-estate, infrastructure, mining & metals)
- Working knowledge of FIDIC, NEC and JBCC suites of contracts
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage and lead effectively in a team environment
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of value engineering
- Must be willing to travel for business purposes.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application