Cost Manager - Indianapolis, IN
|Indianapolis, IN, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Turner & Townsend is HIRING! We are looking for a Cost Control Engineer/Cost Estimator to join our team in Indianapolis IN.
The cost control engineer and estimator is responsible for implementing administering and maintaining cost control systems and procedures to track budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts, and to assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates and schedules.
- Implement, administer and maintain cost control system and procedures to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for projects of medium complexity and value
- Utilize and/or develop Work Breakdown Structure to properly identify work packages (lowest level cost elements) and enable hierarchical summarization (roll-up) of costs
- Assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates
- Monitor actual costs against commitments and estimate and forecast remaining costs
- Provide cost information to support decision and alternative selection
- Evaluate contractor invoices to verify receipt of goods and/or services in the quantities claimed
- Utilize information from client accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.) to prepare cost reports
- Participate in evaluating contractor proposals/bids and help prepare award recommendations on the basis of best commercial value. In some cases, help pre-define the criteria representing the best commercial value.
- Prepare and maintain cost forecasts and cash flow/spending profiles
- Prepare and maintain the cost report. Provide regular updates on financial position
- Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
- Monitor contractor performance against the Plan. Determine progress and utilize this data to updated cost forecasts
- Manage change requests comparing to contractual documents to verify validity and forecast cost and schedule implications of approved changes.
- Maintain a Change Log to track quantity, values and status of change requests.
- Maintain a Risk Register to identify risks and monitor status of planned mitigations
- Utilize spreadsheets, databases and/or other tools to enable fast and accurate manipulation of large datasets
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application