|Salary: Based on Experience|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Assist in the management of design and assurance of compliance with the environment minimum requirements, supporting the area environment team in leading on the environment design and construction of route area section in accordance with the organisational and sponsor requirements and policies, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulations.
- Work alongside the Senior Environment Manager and topic specialists, helping lead on the Area Team’s environmental and sustainability design requirements and deliverables working in close association with the HS2 Ltd Infrastructure Directorate’s Environmental and Engineering Specialists;
- Ensure that design and construction and associated works within the sector complies with the technical and sponsor requirements, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulations;
- Provide guidance for environmental design solutions for your area and ensure that environmental issues and constraints are key considerations in project design;
- Liaise with technical stakeholders via various different forums at local, regional and national levels and the local community on sensitive issues;
- Critical review of design and construction deliverables produced by environmental contractors, enabling works contractors and main works civils contractors;
- Assist in the development and implementation of environmental management procedures and processes during the design and construction of the scheme to ensure environmental performance is tracked and reported
- <span style="colo
- Bachelor degree/MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline;
- Membership to a relevant professional organisation (e.g. IEMA)
- Track record of managing environmental assessment and design on large or complex building/engineering projects
- Knowledge of relevant UK Environment legislation and current best practice guidance
- Demonstrable skills managing individuals and working with multidisciplinary teams on a range of projects
- Site / construction experience whilst in an environmental role on large or complex building projects
- Experience of working with built environment assessment schemes such as BREEAM or CEEQUAL
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application