Contract and Procurement Specialist
|Salary: Based on Experience|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Our UK based Contract Services team is led by a team of experts in procurement strategy, claims management and dispute resolution. With high performing business units in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Scotland, and with a strong pipeline training opportunities, we are seeking to recruit a committed Training Consultant to deliver services to internal and external clients.
Key exprience and objectives
- Broad experience in a variety of construction sectors
- Strong working knowledge of various suites of construction contracts including a NEC, JCT, FIDIC and ICE
- Accredited trainer in NEC, JCT and or/FIDIC preferred
- Experience of co-ordinating training delivery in a regulated environment
- Formal training qualification such as CIPD Certificate in Training Practice
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to understand problems quickly and give succinct and clear practical advice to ‘Helpdesk’ queries
- Professionally qualified in RICS, CIOB, LLB, PMP, MSc. Construction Law or similar
- Experienced in working in multiple contract environments and under a range of procurement routes
- Thorough understanding of public procurement legislation and strong contract knowledge across major standard forms of construction contract
- Experienced in delivering training programmes at multiple ability levels
- Knowledgeable in collaborative working practices
- Confident, approachable and patient delivery style
- Competent to present alone and to work as part of a senior training delivery team
- A proven background in driving new and existing business development opportunities
- Confident in managing multiple stakeholder requirements
- Able to prepare, define and lead on training proposals, and work closely alongside Senior Management and the wider Turner & Townsend team
- Will need to be willing to work away from home from time to time both within the UK and abroad
- Supporting the management team in business operations, with focussed attention to the strategic growth of our Contract Services division
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application