Senior Estimating Consultant -Natural resources (Calgary)
|Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the team helping grow our Natural Resources division in Calgary and help deliver the overall vision for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are looking to build a team for a prospective project with a prestigious mining client, which includes an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Estimating Consultant. We are looking to speal to strong candidates who are interested in being put forward to current and prospective clients and growing our pipeline of top calibre candidates.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Who are you?
You are a very experienced Estimator with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role and looking to join a thriving business.
To deliver and maintain a standard and consistent suite of cost estimating services to a Program Management Office (PMO).
Job Objectives – Senior Estimating Consultant:
Depending on the development phase of the projects within program, accountabilities can be summarized as management and enablement of the following activities:
- Development of cost estimating procedures
- Manage the development of cost estimates for projects from concept through execution
- Oversee and manage cost estimators and other project controls personnel, tasked with delivering cost estimating services
- Review and validate cost estimates prepared by internal estimators, contractors, and technical disciplines internal and external to the client organization
- Benchmark for validation and target-setting on major projects
- Perform cost risk analysis using the appropriate method for the estimate
- For each estimate class, determine (from existing suite of tools and techniques):
- Appropriate estimating techniques (benchmarking, parametric modelling, detailed estimating, etc.)
- Appropriate estimating tool (client tools, customized estimating spreadsheets, industry estimating software, benchmarking, etc.)
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Leading teams, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
Other key responsibilities for Senior Consultant level
- Business Development – Being aware and proactive to highlight potential opportunities to Associate Directors and Directors
- Staff management– Input into performance review process of consultants and graduate consultants
- Recruitment - Inclusion in selection and recruitment process, including interviews
- Engineering / Construction Management Degree and/or Certification or equivalent
- Minimum of seven years industry experience in cost estimating positions across all project phases
- Knowledge and proficiency with cost estimating tools such as CCS Candy, WinEst and/or others.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel (experienced), Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application