Design Project Manager - Data Center Construction
|New York, NY, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, responsible for managing the design for several large-scale ground-up data center construction projects and we are seeking the ideal Design Project Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive this project to achieve an excellent outcome. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
The Design Project Manager will be responsible for managing the design process and the Architect/Engineer from master planning/basis of design stage through issuance of construction drawings. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a very fast, diverse and rapidly changing design program.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are a Construction Project Manager experienced in Design/Architecture/Civil with a minimum of 8 years relatable experience working on large-scale, ground-up Data Center, Commercial/Corporate Office, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and/or High-tech projects.
You will be the type of person who:
- Is smart, a quick learner and confident in their cognitive ability.
- Knows their subject matter and can apply it / work independently.
- Is proactive and focused on continuous improvement, including providing well-thought out solutions.
- Is professional, yet friendly.
- Is able to manage difficult stakeholders.
- Is confident both as a team member and a team leader.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and great communication – both in person and via technology!
- Delivers quality work products and has pride in what they do.
Your qualifications and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience and the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
- Formal Project Management methods.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Be exceptional at discerning the path forward given a set of problems or problem statements.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
Bachelor of Science in one of the following:
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application