Senior Project Manager, Real Estate (Commercial Development)
|Salary: Based on Experience|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend has exciting opportunities for Senior Project Managers to join our successful Project Management team based in our Manchester office. Our team is involved with many interesting and significant projects in our region. We are seeking an individual with extensive practical experience of working in the Commercial Development sector.
Specifically, we’re looking for individuals who have a proven track record in delivering Grade A Office space, both new build and refurbishment, along with bulk Residential schemes. Our team provides a broad range of services from initial strategic advice through to delivery of projects so there is opportunity to build your career and develop your skills. We actively support career progression and provide a range of learning and development activities.
Our culture is open and supportive and includes Wellbeing initiatives, lively social events, opportunities to take part in our Corporate Social Responsibility programme, and regular Knowledge Share events. We offer an excellent package including a competitive salary and benefits, private medical care, company pension and life assurance, 24 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy/sell a further 5 days, 1 Corporate Social Responsibility volunteer day and many other incentives.
- Project Management of projects both pre and post-contract
- Business development
- Financial management of own commissions
- Major project management commissions, taking responsibility for full service delivery.
- Preparation of contracts for commissions to comply with Turner & Townsend Risk Management policy
- To ensure that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
- Ideally graduate degree in a relevant discipline for construction project management.
- Ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying or architecture.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Client side consultancy experience in Project Management.
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from dealing with strategic issues at conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques •
- Experience of leading commercial and residential project management commissions, for medium to large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity
- Excellent knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a team delivering a project
- Experience of managing the financial aspects of a project.
- Experience of managing a multidiscipline Design Team.
- Experience of administering construction contracts including JCT roles such as Employer’s Agent and or Contract Administrator.
- Business development experience, including developing business with existing and new clients and cross-selling
- Good knowledge and experience gained within a specific sector
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application