Associate Director - Cost Management - Ottawa
|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the team helping grow our Ottawa office and help deliver the vision for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Associate Director to focus on our Real Estate clients in the region.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are a very experienced Senior Cost Consultant with a minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking an Associate Director role in a similar role and looking to join a thriving Consultancy
- Leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver high quality estimates to our clients
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Lead proposals for new work or variations for existing commissions
- Attending relevant networking events and other promotional opportunities
- Staff management – inputting into the formal management of staff and recruitment interviews
- Undertake staff performance reviews
- Financial management – utilizing the tools provided and keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
- Delivery – producing real estate estimates in the CIQS elemental format, class D through to class A
- + 8 years of relevant experience in Quantity Surveying and estimating
- Recognized university degree
- Certification in relevant professional organizations (CIQS/RICS)
- Have, or be able to quickly gain your government of Canada security clearance (reliability level)
- Be competent and well versed in producing real estate estimates in the CIQS elemental format
- Experienced in providing quality assurance on estimates produced by team members
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application