Scheduler/Senior Scheduler - Ottawa
|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the team helping grow our Ottawa office and help deliver the vision for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Scheduler/Senior Scheduler to focus on a major goverment Real Estate programme.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Scheduler with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working on major projects preferably in real estate, implementing project planning and scheduling strategies, coordinating and developing project schedules, whilst supporting the project controls lead by reporting on progress. You are looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role and looking to join a thriving business.
- Implement Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both company and contractor roles, responsibilities and expectations
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) in concert with Project controls Lead, Project cost consultant and contractor, and in conjunction with Project Execution Plans
- Coordinate and work with project parties to generate master schedules for projects and programs applying resource and cost loading (information availability dependent)
- Preparing labour histograms (information availability dependent)
- Lead and support the project team in the implementation of an integrated enterprise based, cross functional master schedule programs with various party inputs and which may involve multiple projects
- Working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising your independence as a planning engineer so you’re in a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgement
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis (including cost and resource loaded schedules), critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole and received from contractors and/or third parties. Similarly analysis of testing and commissioning schedules will be required.
- Analysis and interrogation of third party labour histograms
- Perform Critical Path Analysis and report
- Perform probabilistic analysis on integrated schedules and contractor schedules and report
- Coordinate with project team analyse cost loaded schedules and to provide reporting input for earned value management
- Analyse deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks / delays and propose corrective actions and report
- Provide interface and quality assurance regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance for reporting purposes and provide oversight tracking and monitoring of schedules
- Ensure that schedule related data from vendors, suppliers, engineering and construction contractors of actual projects is provided as feedback into the planning and scheduling systems
- Analyse and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance / change order raised to enable clarity on change effects
- Prepare the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the Project controls Monthly Project Report and specific reports / presentations
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
- Experience at delivering scheduling functions within the real property sector, on major government projects
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project controls and time/schedule management
- Proficient and expert experience level using project scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera P6)
- Ability to coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required.
- Ability to perform schedule management on multiple ongoing commissions
- Ability and capability to analyse and report against contractor (and other third party) schedule updates received.
- Experience of working in a consultancy or owner organization.
- Experience of working in the Canadian construction market.
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A recognized relevant university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organizations is beneficial
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application