|Houston, Texas, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Closing Date: 02/12/2019||Job start: 10/06/2019|
Do you want to be part of our successful Finance Team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in the Houston Region? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Finance Administrator to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Finance Administrator with a minimum of 5 years experience years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
Our Houston team is looking to bring on a Finance Administrator to join our National finance team.
The Finance Administrator will report directly to the USA Financial Controller, will demonstrate an appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them to their daily workload. The Senior Administrator will also provide financial support to the wider finance team and Houston business units as required.
- Assist commission managers and accountants with preparation and completion of monthly sales invoices ensuring all invoicing is completed in line with the monthly group accounting calendar.
- Completion of the Houston Energy invoice spreadsheet to collate employee hours worked in the month and expenses to be billed.
- Distribute the invoice spreadsheet to cost centre leaders for review ensuring that all information is accurate and that omissions or variances to forecast can be fully explained.
- Liaise closely with the cost center leaders to ensure invoices are formatted correctly, are accurate and that all appropriate back-up is attached, including timesheets and expense receipts.
- Mail and/or e-mail invoices to clients on a monthly basis as soon as possible after month end to ensure debtor day figure is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all sales invoices are input into the finance system accurately and timely, to ensure monthly management accounts can be completed in line with the monthly reporting calendar.
- Learn and develop best practise use of our accounting system, FMS.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and suggest how improvements can be implemented.
Energy Business Analysis
- Complete all Analysis associated with USA Energy Cost Centers, including gross margin analysis by person, margin analysis by project/job, updating invoicing books and any other ad hoc analysis required by the finacne team or cost center leaders.
- Ultimately take full ownership and responsibility for all invoicing and analysis of Houston cost center.
- Provide accurate, high quality information on a timely basis to respond promptly to business needs.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analysis that may be undertaken during the year, both within the finance team and the Houston business units.
- Provide accurate and high quality information on a timely basis.
- Ensure T&T standard procedures and policies are applied.
- Undergraduate degree, a BS in Accounting is a plus.
- Experience working within a professional services, construction, or Oil & Gas firm is preferable, though not essential.
- 3+ years’ experience in an invoicing function.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and apply them.
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements across all aspects of invoicing, with specific emphasis on improving efficiency and automating processes.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application