Senior Project Manager
|Houston, Texas, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in the Houston, Texas area? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Sr. Project Manager to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Sr. Project Manager with a minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment.
- Manage construction projects for the commercial construction industry (through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review) by performing the following duties to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards
- Advise at a strategic level at the project conception stage, provide advice on the approaches (relating to roles, responsibilities, schedule, cost, and phasing) adopted for a successful delivery.
- Establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters by managing design progress, preparing cost estimates and reports, and creating a master project schedule.
- Plan & manage quality, safety, health and environment issues by reviewing incident reports and providing solutions
- Establish effective project governance and processes utilized throughout project and coordinated with owner, architects, interior designer, consultants, and government agencies
- Produce a detailed project plan that includes a long lead strategy a review of materials requirements and constructability.
- Lead procurement of resources (including design, engineering, and consulting professionals), bidding strategy, request for proposal, and list of qualified bidders, responses to request for information, pre-bid conferences, interviews, project agreements, bid review, allowances, and contractor & purchasing agent activities
- Manage the change control process, by reviewing requests from contractors for changes and other claims, making recommendations to owner, establishing change process, and creating change management charts
- Prepare feasibility cost models, develop cost plan, advise on financial effects of advance orders and orders with long delivery times, and monitor monthly draw requirements
- Lead weekly project meetings to manage the flow of project information between team members.
- +15 years of relevant experience
- A recognized university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organizations
- New construction, remodel and tenant improvovement experience preferred
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application