Cost Consultant - Ottawa
|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the team supporting our Ottawa office and help deliver the vision for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Cost Consultant to support the Associate Director and focus on a number of our clients in the region.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Who are you?
You are a Cost Consultant with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience looking to join a thriving Consultancy
- Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Preparing Cost Management reports for all asset classes related to real estate throughout Canada
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data
- Assisting Senior Consultant / Associate Director in developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products referring ideas to the appropriate line manager
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared.
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Validating post contract cost changes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for carrying out cost checks
- Conduct site visits
- Inputting into value engineering and life cycle costing
- Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager and by making effective use of the marketing database
- Assist commission manager ensuring commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Assist commission manager ensuring service delivery on commissions is in line with the conditions of appointment
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and cross-functional team members
- They work as an effective team member within the context of delivering a specific commission
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross-selling opportunities, are identified
- +2 years of relevant experience
- A recognized university degree
- Membership in relevant professional organizations is a bonus (CIQS / RICS)
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application