Senior Cost Consultant - Ottawa
|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of the team supporting our Ottawa office and help deliver the vision for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Cost Consultant to support the Associate Director and focus on a number of our clients in the region.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced senior Cost Consultant with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role and looking to join a thriving business
- Preparing Construction Cost Estimate reports at all stages of design for industrial, commercial, and institutional projects within Ottawa and nationally as required
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan / estimate
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate
- Post-contract cost management including change order analysis and providing estimating support to other departments as required
- Ensuring that cost analysis, cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Participating in Value engineering, LEED analysis and Life Cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Leading a cost management team, ensuring that it delivers on all of the above accountabilities
Research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data
Other Key responsibilities at Senior Consultant level
- Business Development – Being aware and proactive to highlight potential opportunities to Associate Directors and Directors
- Staff management– Input into performance review process of consultants and graduate consultants
- Recruitment - Inclusion in selection and recruitment process, including interviews
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- +7 years’ experience delivering pre-construction and post contract construction cost services
- A recognized University Degree in Quantity Surveying or related field
- Membership of Relevant Professional Organizations such as the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS); The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); and/or Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE)
- Reliability clearance with the Government of Canada is an asset
- Experience working on property projects over $50m CAD
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application