Senior Cost Manager - Dubai
|Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Senior Cost Managers lead commission varying types and sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our projects generally are of significant size and value.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in Real Estate and Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
- Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, measurement of building works for estimating, report writing and preparation of Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
- Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
- Experience of post- contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
- Detailed Experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
- Report writing, Estimate reports, Cost reports, Procurement reports and Tender reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the re-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all projects stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Degree - qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in similar roles.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matter, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Knowledge of Cost X preferred.
- Knowledge of BIM preferred.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application