|New York, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Closing Date: 13/01/2020|
Do you want to be part of our successful Support Services team working for Turner & Townsend in New York City? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Payroll Manager to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Payroll Manager with a minimum of 8-10 Years years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment.
The Payroll Manager will have overall responsibility for managing and processing multi-state, bi-weekly payroll for all staff across the USA (including California). The successful candidate will bring best practices and process improvements in administering payroll. In addition, the US is anticipating the implementation of a new payroll system/provider this year. The successful candidate will play a lead role in facilitating the migration of our current payroll provider to a new provider.
Specifically, the Payroll Manager will:
- Manage and guarantee bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll for 800+ employees, including garnishments and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Manage all payroll operations related to employee compensation (including bonuses) for exempt and non-exempt workers
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Deliver out-of-cycle/ad hoc payments to employees and facilitate the production of manual checks or wire transfers to bank accounts as necessary
- Manage the processing of unemployment, worker’s compensation and employee leave requests
- Act as a point of contact with external vendor partners to resolve payroll issues and ensure timely resolution; hold vendor partners accountable for meeting SLAs
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process bi-weekly adjustments and answer employee inquiries
- Oversee the process for reviewing timesheets and entering bi-weekly payroll, including reconciling bi-weekly, quarterly and annual payroll reports as required
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s and 1099s
- Ensure systems are updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, sick and vacation time in line with current policies
- Work with HR on a regular basis to assure complete coordination of pay, benefits, and deductions
- Develop and document payroll procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist in preparation of internal and external audits
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Manage preparation of relevant management reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, etc.)
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
Education and Experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and 8 - 10 years of experience administering multi-state payroll OR Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and 10+ years of experience administering multi-state payroll
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Familiarity with payroll software
- Full knowledge of current Federal, State and local labor laws, tax requirements and payroll regulations
- Direct experience supervising another payroll staff member
- Experience migrating payroll from one system to another preferred
- Experience working in a professional services or consulting environment is preferred
- Familiarity with the accounting side of payroll (e.g. journal entries, reconciliations, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application