Senior Benefits & Wellness Specialist
|New York, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
|Job start: 05/08/2019|
Do you want to be part of our successful Support Services team working for Turner & Townsend in New York City? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Benefits & Wellness Specialist to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Senior Benefits & Wellness Specialist with a minimum of 5-7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
The Senior Benefits & Wellness Specialist will have overall responsibility for delivering health and welfare benefit plans that attract and retain talented professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and promoting the Company’s health and welfare plans for medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, accident insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, spending accounts, COBRA, and other voluntary benefits. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of wellness initiatives with support from our third-party wellness consultant. This role works closely with the Head of HR to ensure the Company’s health, welfare and wellness plans meet colleague needs, are effectively managed and communicated, and comply with all applicable regulations.
Specifically, the Senior Benefits & Wellness Specialist will:
- Manage and oversee the administration of all health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to over 700 US staff
- Act as a point of contact with external vendor partners to implement best practices and resolve issues with a timely resolution; hold vendor partners accountable for meeting SLAs
- Respond to data requests and escalated claims issues and enrollment questions, both internally and externally
- Support the evaluation and comparison of existing company benefits, by requesting standard benefit plan guidelines, recommendations and benchmarks from our vendors and health care consultants
- Gather benefit program data and identify ways to measure and evaluate program effectiveness, utilization, engagement, and satisfaction
- Act as the Annual Enrollment project lead by managing Annual Enrollment tasks and deliverables, including participating in systems testing, preparing presentations and facilitating annual enrollment meetings, training internal teams on benefit changes, and developing communications to facilitate the process
- Lead annual audits and prepare annual plan filings and notices required by law (e.g., Dependent Care FSA nondiscrimination testing, 5500 Filing, Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage) to ensure the Company satisfies the reporting and disclosure requirements to remain compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and other federal laws
- Use strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of benefits to define, review, and recommend benefits and wellness programs that meet the needs of employees and the Company while aligned with industry best practice
- Administer benefits surveys as required and analyze results for continued assessment of plan design and vendor performance
- Develop colleague benefit communications and education sessions to assist colleagues with understanding the Company’s benefit plans
- Revise, maintain and coordinate updates to benefit plan documents, presentations and forms, ensuring all documents are current, accurate, consistent and posted to all applicable websites
- Host weekly benefit orientation sessions with all new hires, advising and counseling them on their benefit options, and answering their questions
- Lead delivery of wellness offerings and initiatives by communicating to colleagues and engaging them to participate
- Highly analytical with a strong working knowledge of benefits administration protocols
- Critical thinker that sees beyond the task at hand and considers broader impact to the business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working both independently and as part of a team with ability to take direction, show initiative and make appropriate business decisions
- Problem solver who identifies and proposes solutions and ways to work smarter; appropriately escalating emerging issues before they become problems
- Resilient character, comfortable to operate in a fast paced environment, managing multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality displaying high level of honesty and integrity at all times
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and 5 - 7 years of experience in benefits administration OR Associate’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and 8 - 10 years of experience in benefits administration
- Working knowledge of benefit plan design, policies and procedures
- Full knowledge of current Federal, State and local labor laws, and benefits regulations (ERISA, ACA, COBRA)
- Experience working in a professional services or consulting environment is preferred
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or SHRM-CP or PHR designation
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application