Senior Cost Manager - Qatar
|Salary: Based on Experience|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor and Associate Director into our Qatar Cost Management team to work on the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. Candidates should have experience on major events or major games such as commonwealth, Olympics or Asian Games or with cost management experience in an operational background.
With a market leading client base and opportunity to take the lead on commissions, this is an exciting time to join the growing business unit and develop a career with Turner & Townsend. This role is a client facing, working within a professional and ambitious team, where you will work on your own initiative but receive excellent support.
- Detailed knowledge of project commercial controls and experience in Real Estate and Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
- Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, estimating, report writing, interim payment processing, cost reporting.
- Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
- Experience of post- contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
- Detailed Experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
- Report writing, Estimate reports, Cost reports, Procurement reports and Tender reports.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Preparation of pricing schedules and Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documents.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the re-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
- Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all projects stages.
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Degree - qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in cost management roles
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in major games or events
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matter, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Knowledge of events overlay related delivery
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application