Project Manager - Tenant Improvement/Fit Out
|Houston, Texas, USA|
|Salary: Based on Experience|
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in the Houston, Texas area? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Project Manager to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
The Project/Construction Manager is responsible for providing full project management services and on site construction oversight on construction projects ranging in value from $250k to $20MM, and to support the client representative in delivering successful project outcomes.
- Assisting the client Project Manager (PM) as required – including oversight of the overall construction effort
- Contract and Budget ownership for direct contracts as assigned
- Creating and coordinating the construction management related PEP detailed plans, and coordinating completion of GC PEP activities
- Proactively managing the risks relating to construction project execution and HES, working with the client PM – coordinating GC actions on risk as necessary
- Support the design process, review drawings against project requirements, assess constructability and provide other construction input during early project phases as needed
- Assist client PM as required in reviewing and reporting on the overall construction effort and progress. Creating and coordinating, with the Construction Field Representative, the Monthly, Daily and Event Reporting for the construction team.
- Coordinating and supporting the RFI and Submittal process, in concert with the cost controller for alignment with cost budgets
- Creating, coordinating and issuing effective meeting minutes and other documentation for site progress meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and other meetings as required
- Assisting the client PM in overall coordination of the construction effort in support of the effective safety, Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC), and labor relations programs which meet IIF and OE objectives
- Help to establish the success criteria of the project, including time, cost, technical, and quality performance parameters. Key focus is on the tactical, technical and process delivery of the project
- Identify and support that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- In concert with client, support development of contractor and overall purchasing strategy. Responsible for execution of defined strategy.
- Act as project schedule owner (or in support of project scheduler, if relevant), and maintain schedule at the level required to track critical actions and milestones.
- Conduct kick off and regular meetings with key project stakeholders (architects, engineers, suppliers, contractors), to track and report on progress
- Working with the other project function teams, review as-built documents and other closeout items
- +5 years of relevant experience
- Commercial Construction experience, specifically within corporate TI/Fit-Out projects
- Consultant/Owner's Rep experience preferred
- BS, BA optional
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application